Bios

ace777

Fully Optimized
Is there any way to upgrade your BIOS? I wanted to try overclocking and my BIOS doesn't have a FSB multiplier selction. Is it the BIOS version that determins if you can or is you computer build that determinsthat? I know that intel sets restrictions on your Processor to prevent overclocking but is it possible if you change BIOS.

Yes, it's called flashing the BIOS. I assume you have a prebuilt computer, and you want to overclock it, but you can't find the setting. Well, most manufacturers (HP, Dell, Compaq, Gateway, etc.) use BIOSes that don't have settings for this. Most likely, this is because they don't want the average user to screw anything up, then get them in trouble for it. Anyway, in most cases, it's not possible to do it. In some rare cases, it's possible, but for most users, you cannot overclock a prebuilt computer.

If you don't have a prebuilt computer, what kind of motherboard do you have?

Are you sreious? OK, well this came off of a Storebought comp I am buying from a friend. The HD blew and he got a new comp for christmas. I think the BIOS are stored on the mobo ( Isn't the battery there to store the BIOS?).I was going to overclock this comp the mobo is from a T1905 E-Machine ( lol an old comp) and the BIOS won't allow you to Overclock it.What should I do.

Hmm...why do you need to overclock it in the first place? It's a Celeron, and I don't think you'll get much juice out of it anyway.

IMO, buy it for like $75 and use it as a Linux box.

It's free and this is my 2nd overclock project , Im just going to use it for practice and If I blow it up Its crap so no harm done.

Back
Top Bottom