BIOS update help needed

Celticsfan

Banned
I am hoping to get some help from you guys when it comes to updating my BIOS as I have never done this before. I used CPUID to check my current version of 2/8/06. When I go to my mobo's web site, it says I am behind by 20 updates. When I looked at the most current one, it says I need to download the one b4 the current one. I tried to do this but when I downloaded it, and tried to run it, I get the following msg "the BIOS version you are installing is older than your system's current BIOS. Do you want to continue".

Now I am confused by this and am hoping to get some help. Here is the link to my mobo:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...dent&strOSs=38

Any help is appreciated.

thx

Oh, well if it says you need a pre-requisite BIOS, I'd do it. It can't hurt as long as you flash it correctly. Then just upgrade to what it suggests next. I've rarely had that issue. Had it once when I RMA'd my 680i. Had to get P29 before P32/P33, I believe. It may say it's older than current but It's probably not true.

What if it says the following msg "the BIOS version you are installing is older than your system's current BIOS. Do you want to continue".

Well, I ended up downloading the first out of the 4 and it updated my BIOS, rebooted my PC and I used cpu-z and my BIOS is current now.

thx

Back
Top Bottom