Bios gone how do I load a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissanspecv04

In Runtime
Well a couple weeks ago I built a new comp and everything is working great. I took all the old pieces I had and made a server. Well my mobo grounded out somehow and now when I try to turn the comp on I get a Missing bios error.

Its a giga byte mob (about 6 months old, not sure of model since its not near me at the moment.) and I can find the version I need. I just have no idea how to upload a bios at all. Im guessing it has to be with a floppy drive which I have plenty of but I dont know if I need to type commands or anything. One part Ive never read up on.

So im going to continue searching the net for some help but any info that can be posted would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:Motherboard , thats what I have now

If you fried your BIOS chip youll need to get a new one.You can just unplug the bad one and plug in the good one. But trying to flash first is a good idea.

NathanM said:
Try flashing the BIOS. Here's a guide I found: http://freepctech.com/pc/001/006.shtml

Excellent find. I will be doing this when I wake up tomorrow.

As for replacing the chip itself, im holding the mobo in my hands and can see the bios chip but it does not look like it is easily removable. It looks like the chip has a perferated type area right about the silver pins holding it in but I dont want to start picking at it with a sharp object of some sort lol. so yea Im gonna try the flash first. Hopefully it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom