Bios Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK I have a DFI lanparty Motherboard (next computer) but the bios chip looks scratched at the top I believe only paint but will this matter? I'll post pictures ASAP.

Nah, i dont think it would matter either. If the chip is cracked though, you got a problem. Plug it in and see what happens. If anything is wrong, you will know immediately. If nothing is immediately wrong with it, I dont think anything ever will be wrong with it.

Excellent choise on the MoBo, BTW.

well thank you but here is the problem don't look craked it is scratched but I don't think that deep and my problem is I buy then build and currently I don not got a socket 939 CPU around since I'm upgrading so I don't know if it'll work. kinda scared my first build. :) only need the CPU now

Well, if you are scared than RMA it. It will cost you the price of shipping, but if it is for peace of mind, it kind of is worth it. By the sounds of it, you should really RMA it to counteract that anxiety. It would make you feel alot better.

If it is just the bios chip that is damaged, than you can replace it yourself (will need to get a bios chip from DFI.) The bios chip extractor should come with it (it is those tweezer things.) it is just take it out with the extractor and insert the new one.

they gonna charge you like $70 for that friggen chip! I've tried to order bios chips, and in some cases, a new motherboard is cheaper. Some bullshit if you ask me.

Wow......

I got one from Abit for free for my friend. All it it needed was a weeks worth of emails, but it didn't cost anything.

Thats some cool beans. That might be because this was an older motherboard and the company sucked. Dont remember what it was, it was 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom