Billy Talent II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Omgjesusyes.

Billy Talent II seeding on certain BitTorrent sites today [as far as I know. Could've been yesterday]. I've been waiting for this album for MONTHS. And the wait was so freakin' worth it.

I normally don't like "punk", if you wanna' call it that. Although, I just consider it rock, and in my opinion, Billy Talent are the best modern Canadian band currently (with the all time best still being RUSH), that actually have some publicity.

Pretty sure I'll be spending ALL tomorrow learning every song on guitar, note for note.

man I hate rush.........horrible band.

I'm gonna check out this "BILLY TALENT II" but I'm sure I'll hate it since you're even mentioning the word punk even though you personally consider it rock.

That'd better be sarcasm! Jeez man. RUSH are like the greatest frickin' pioneers of progressive rock EVER.
No I'm not being sarcastic. I hate rush, it's terrible music and a I can't stand getty lee's voice. Sometimes I can like a band even if the singer sucks if the music is good, but no......I can't stand ANY part of rush at all.

I don't deny their impact on music but that doesn't change the fact that I think their music is god awful crap that I absolutely cannot stand.

So yeah, just started the first song of this band. Musically it's not too bad thus far, buuuut I dont think I'll like the rather kid-like sounding voice.

Got to song 6 now.......and yeah. They are too whiney. Not so much the way he sings, but more so just the lyrics. Complete typical wuss crap.

Once again, musically I think most of it has some decent beats and sounds to it, but yeah.........it's like that new age kind of 'punk' and the stuff they sing about just sounds like constant complaining.

You should have no problem learning their stuff though considering they haven't done anything complex since I started and most things they play are very simplistic repetative riffs with the occasional break.

Nubius said:
...and the stuff they sing about just sounds like constant complaining.

Haha. And what exactly would you be doing? Criticizing, complaining. It's all the same thing. I still think they're an aweomsome band. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Just wanted to see who cared about the album release, didn't want to start a "That band sucks, my opinion is better than yours" thread.

Haha. And what exactly would you be doing? Criticizing, complaining. It's all the same thing.
Wow, didn't think I'd be hurting your feelings from an opinion....there there, it'll be aright.

I'm not complaining about anything. Criticizing yes, but what does have to do with whiney music? I'm telling you exactly why I don't like them and that is my opinion. But I guess in your little mind unless I say "OMGJESUSYES THESE GUYS ARE AWESOME" that that's somehow complaining.....riiiight

didn't want to start a "That band sucks, my opinion is better than yours" thread.
When did I EVER state that my opinion was better than yours or even come close to implying it?

I told you my opinion of the band so take it as it is. Dont be a douche just because I don't like this whiney music and consider this to fall into that category.

Did I ever just flat out say the band sucks? No, I said musically it has decent sound and beat, but I don't much care for the vocals or what he sings about. Rush is a whole other story, I just completely hate them, but I never said "Jeez, why do you like them, they're stupid, stop liking them, listen to me I'm right" and even acknowledged their impact on music.

Dont bother starting a thread at all if you're just gonna throw little temper tantrum and make comments as if I once implied that your opinion of music sucks.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Yeah, try and keep that in mind instead of being the hypocrit that you've shown me just now.

I hate punk rock, I'm not going to give it a chance. There is no such thing as punk anymore these days anyway, it's all 'Emo' and stupid crap like that, even when it wasn't I stilled hated it.

Rush is a decent band, not one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom