Bigger Inbox

I don't know what the limit is, but I think it's fine anyway, I don't get much PM's I think I've only gotten 0-1 since I've been here.

The limit is there because the host doesn't want people to PM Spam each other and it's an extra waste of space.

A small increase in the PM limit might be nice, but to allow hundreds and hundreds of PM's is worthless if you put yourselves in the administrators shoes.

meh i can cope with the limit, but it would be nice to have more space just to make things easier. ive used 37 out of 40 pm's, so if i only had the standard limit of 25 id be pretty screwed.
on my list of things i want for this site, pm's are near the bottom though.

honestly, do you guys really need a bigger inbox? Save the important ones to your computer as a txt file and delete them. I really doubt you have a million PMs coming in each day. Heck, I don't even have that...

I delete all my PMs once a week and it serves me well. If there's anything I need to keep, I just print it or copy it to a text file.

Horrible idea! I, for one, don't work. While you may say that $1 is nothing, it will be a hassle to have to keep paying it and that dollar is taking out from my lunch from the dollar menus. Call me cheap or whatever, but I don't like the idea of premium accounts. I do, however, agree with the idea of bigger inbox. I think the size should be doubled. I also think there should be a limit of only 60 seconds to send PMs, not 300!
The idea behind having the choice to pay is so that if you either dont want to or cant afford to you dont have to pay and can still access the site

While i think it should be increased.

I DON'T like the idea of a premium account.It would create a hierachy between non-premium and premium members,an 'im better than you' attitude.
i dont know we have the CF priv members now and i have never seen people using the im better than you because i have a custom title under my name thing anywhere on the forum

Anyway i dont see whats wrong with saving them to your hard drive as text or whatever format you chose then deleting them i mean if you really get that many PM's maybe give the person you are PMing your email address or msn etc so they can get in touch with you that way
i dont think david will support this idea either because he has said in the past he wants this site to be free for everyone to visit and having premium membership would go against that but we will have to see what he says for himself

one thing i have however read in this thread which i agree with is the reduction of the time limit before sending PM's which IMO seems a bit high 5 mins , especially if you are PMIng a mod about a spam attack etc

I guess this site is perfect, no changes will ever be taken from a suggestion :D

changes have been made, but they are usually forgotten. Anyone remember the demand for the review sub-section? Seeing the overall lack of activity i'm pretty sure most of you have forgotten it. Kind of a waste now wasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom