Big Problem

adamr1001

In Runtime
I switched over from my old case to my new one today, and when i booted up, it said operating system not found, ive tried a system restore via recovery console, but stil the same, and ive tried repairing the boot files but to no avail, i could boot in windows 7 beta and repair the files that way if thats possible, can anyone help?
Thanks

if u changed mobo's that could have effected it, or just reset with the CMOS maybe, or u could make sure ur using the same SATA port as before to, check ur jumpers as well.

ALl i changed was the IDE cable as i broke the other, in my previous case, my hd was on top on my cd, therefore the hd was master on cable select and cd on slave, in my new case, the HDD was below so this was slave, thats all i can assume it was.

I would just put the HD as Master and CD as slave like it was before, or just put them on different IDE cables and headers if ur mobo can allow it.

You could put in a Vista CD if you are using Vista and repair. That usually works for me.

ALl i changed was the IDE cable as i broke the other, in my previous case, my hd was on top on my cd, therefore the hd was master on cable select and cd on slave, in my new case, the HDD was below so this was slave, thats all i can assume it was.
So you got it sorted out? On an ide cable the connector on the end of the cable is always for the master device and the middle connector is for the slave device. If you have a hard drive and an optical drive on the same cable, you always want the hard drive as master and connected to the end connector, then the optical drive slave and connected to the middle cable. Assuming it's a motherboard with only 1 ide channel as most motherboards these days have.

That means you have to have the hard drive ABOVE the optical drive. Some pc cases don't allow for this so you might have to get mounting brackets to mount the hard drive in a 5 1/4 drive bay above the cd drive.

Sounds like you got the IDE messed up. Just set it exactly like you had it before, and it should work. IDE is a pain, I hate them....

Back
Top Bottom