Big problem with AVG Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualPoster

Beta member
Hi! This is my first post, and despite I live in Argentina. I couldn't find info about this issue in my language so I continued the search in other ones.
The problem is that AVG has detected that I'm using a cracked version of the program and doesn't let me update the virus definitions, so I'm unprotected . Here I is a screenshot of the message that the program displays:
Screenshot.7f4.JPG

Dont use cracked version or actually pay for a legal copy?
Piracy is illegal and is stealing. Im sure you would not like people stealing from you.

Simple, either download the free version like myself and many other people, or just buy it!

I have downloaded the free version but its like I wouldn't installed it, the same message appears. What more can I do?

yep use both the above and then download the free version agian, should be ok then, just make sure its from AVG's website and not from any other site

Ok, I have manually deleted the some reg entries about the AVG, and now the annoying message doesn't appears, but it still do't update the virus definitions. What do you think I should do?

Try another antivirus. I would never trust AVG with any systems.

Avast Antivirus - www.avast.com - Avast is a great antivirus, doesn't hog up memory, and scans pretty fast. Skinnable as well.

ETrust Antivirus Trial - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/ - Trotter recommends this one. I haven't tried it before, but i'm sure it's much better than AVG or Norton, the gruesome twosome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom