Big Problem, Possibly Virus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth_Boy

Solid State Member
Well, anyone that helps me with this, is a bloody king...

Ok,

My dad brings me his computer about 2 weeks ago, and i had a look, it looked like windows had been currupted had said it needed repairing, and ofcourse, you cant repair windows, well not when i try anyway. So, i try re-installing it, but it kept jamming halfway through and no matter wat a treied it jammed. So i then put another hard drive in and tried to boot the windows that was on that, this time, windows didnt load, it simply locked before the windows loading screen came up. Ok, so i thought, the board must be fualty since ive had other problems in the past, so i buy a AN7 board for socket A, tried that, again, didnt work, so i then bought a new 3200+ (old CPU was a 2000+), again, that didnt do shit. So, i then mixed and matched every other part in the comp including the case and tried no case and still, the same thing, it seemed to be getting worse and worse, so now after all thgat, it just BSOD's when ever it tries to load windows, i try to install windows and it just locks up, so, ive basically replaced the whole computer part-by-part and it still dotn work.

So, im now thinking a bad virus must of got onto the harddrive thats then put itself on to the mobo. And when i replaced the board, i left everytihgn else the same so the virus must of put itself onto the new board aswell...

Now for the questions...

1. Can a virus do all this...???
2. Would the virus be storing itself on the mobo or the CPU cache (also, ive tried clearing cmos and removing battery, no luck)
3. If it is a virus, is there anyway i can remove it form the hardware (mobo, cpu, where ever its storing itself)
4. if it is a virus and i cant repair it, wat should i do, wat parts do i need to replace (hardrives, mobo, cpu).
5. how would my dad of got this virus and wat type of virus can it be???

Please, if anyone can answer those questions and give me anymore info i should no about, then, that would be soo good, i dont think you'd understand how much fixing this comp means to my dad and me, we're not rich and ive spent bloody days on this issue, so please, help!!!..., cheers!!!

stop blaiming everything on viruses, it's just faulty hardware//not installing stuff right

take it to a local computer shop and see what they can do

oy manl, i've never blammed anytihng on a virus in my life, but no shit, ive basically replaced every bit of bloody hardware, i just wold like to know can a virus put itslef on the mobo r in the cache of a cpu???

please man, i know my shit, this is the first problem where ive ever been stumped...

just please give me soem help man

Nope a Virus cant effect any other component except the hard drive...well I mean if you want to get really technical yes it could (DVD,CD, ZIP etc) but otherwise no.

Sounds like its the drive. When you put your other drive in with the OS it wouldnt have booted because it simply doesnt work that easy. Everytime new major equipment is replaced mainly the mobo it requires at least a repair of the OS. Is this Windows XP? Have you actually tried reformatting the drive or simply reinstalling over the old OS folder? I would try maybe a low level format on the drive in question. It could also be the RAM have you swapped that out?

ive swapped out everythign man, everyone is saying, check ram (on other forums), and i have...

Im usign XP, i try to re-install on different drives and it goes through all the loading tihng and then when it says starting windows in the install tihng, it just stays on that for like 15minutes then i decide to turn it off cause its jammed. On another forum, this guy said a virus screwed his bios and the makers said that there was nothing they could do???

well, further help please...

(all i can say is, WTF was dad doing on this computer... lol)

Have you ever thought it's an IDE cable or a bad CD?

See if your computer lieks another OS, get a CD called Knoppix Live, burn it and see if yoru computer boots off of it

well, ive tried 2 xp discs, and wats knoppix live, is it like a temprory Os that runs of a Cd or soemtihng???, anyway, im startign to learn a bit of stuff here... (in other forusm aswell), things im going to try are..., flashing the bios, knoppix live and yeah,

More Help!!!

Thanks so far anyway

DO NOT FLASH BIOS. This is not your problem.

Knoppix Live is a Linux OS that runs off of a CD.

Try doing a all out format on your hard drive in MS-DOS.

Knoppiz Live is a good idea.

well, i can always try flashing the bios just it rule it out, wont do any harm, EPROM can be flashed with UV many times, so yeah, ill flash first.

well, im downlaoding knoppix, but i dotn know if its live or wat

can someone give me link to a downlaod for the knoppix please

Cheers!!! - knoppix live that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom