big help on building computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafunkmon

Baseband Member
hey i just recently discovered that my computer sucks...so im upgrading my mother board, pentium, and my graphics card. i was wondering if the components and prices are at a reasonable price and if not could anyone suggest anything better...
ASUS nvidia 4 sli intel edition model(LGA 775)
Intel pentium 4 630 prescott 800 mhz fsb LGA 775
XFX geforce 6800XT 512 mb GDDR3 pci express

the mother board is upgradable to 8gb for $89.99, the pentium is
at 3.0 Mhz for $169.99 and the graphics card is $174.99. Also im adding 4x512 to the mother board for 2 gb cuz ill be broke after buying everything else...so what do you guys think?so can i play battlefield 2?

give us your current computer specs, and your budget. we can probably put something better together for you.

well i dont know what my mother is exactly, sony vaio
mother board FSB 400 MHz upgradable to 1 gb
pentium 4 at 1.8 GHz
ati radeon X1300 PRo with 256mb and its agp 8x
512 mb system ram
80 gb hard drive

and thats it realy everything else is just fine. So what would be better?
i dont want to spend to much either.

well it looks like you're buying new cpu/gpu/mobo so you have some $ to spend.. if you give us a $ amount we can go on sites like newegg and put some things together.. if you say 'not much' .. that doesn't really help..

well im thinking of spending around 500 to 400 dollars. Im looking for a mother board with huge expandibility( such as 4 gb of system ram or more and a fast FSB for future penitums or whatever) and a decent 256 mb video card pci express that isnt lower than geforce 6 series and a fast pentium of atleast 2.4 ghz or faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom