big bang theory

It was definitely an awesome experience. I don't know if anyone watches that Mike & Molly show; I don't know much about it, but it's shot in the same studio as Big Bang and the set is about ten feet away from the Big Bang set.

As far as the Big Bang Theory goes, it can take upwards to six hours to film one 22 minute episode. Whenever they film, they bring in a live studio audience at 6pm Pacific, and then act out the script. If the audience doesn't think it's funny, the director will cut and will rewrite certain scenes on spot. Same thing with the actors; say for example Sheldon is acting a certain scene and reciting his lines, a lot of times the actors themselves ad-lib and add in their own extra flavor to deliver the line better by adding in extra words, phrases, motions, etc, that was never previously in the script. If the audience goes for it, it winds up in the show. If not, cut and try something else.

As far as Batman goes, I also got to see both Batman & Bane's tumbler up close, along with the original Batmobile. I don't know the price of the Batmobile, but the tumblers cost a million dollars each and are actually fully operational. I also got to see the Bale's Batman suit, his gadgets, and Heath Ledger's Joker outfit.

There was a ton of other stuff too, like the set of Friends (Central Perk is crammed into a tiny studio room) and Central Park is a strip of grass no larger than the size of an average two door garage. A few random towns that were used in numerous shows/movies, including the from Back to the Future. That's actually near the Batman/Ghostbusters/Argo courthouse, which is right next to the alley where Spiderman did the upside down kiss in the rain scene in the first movie.

As far as the M.A.S.H. hill, it's actually the back side of the hill that houses Hollywood sign. So anytime you see a picture, remember that Warner Bros. and that famous water tower are literally right behind it. It definitely was worth the time, especially if you're a big movie/TV person. Even though we already know there's Hollywood tricks involved in everything, it's still cool to see it all come together.

Interesting stuff..

Back
Top Bottom