BFG Tech going out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
BFG Tech Down for the Count

We reported to you first on May 18th that BFG Tech was leaving the graphics market. At that time we were told:

"We will continue to provide our award-winning power supplies and gaming systems, and are working on a few new products as well. I'd like to stress that we will continue to provide RMA support for our current graphics card warranty holders, as well as for all of our other products such as power supplies, PCs and notebooks."

We are being told this morning by sources inside BFG Tech that its "PSU department" has been let go. I would suggest that if you have a BFG card that needs to be RMA'd, you need to get that done ASAFP. We do not see the company being "in business" much longer as it is reported that all its remaining inventory has been moved.

Source: HardOCP.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Direct quote from JohnnyGuru:

Kyle's post is part true... but I can't help but feel it's partly made up (sorry Kyle).

Quote:
We are being told this morning by sources inside BFG Tech that its "PSU department" has been let go.

I was let go. I guess I could be "the source inside BFG Tech" although I didn't say anything directly to Kyle. I simply asked for my jonnyGURU account back at HardForums. When I got the job at BFG, Kyle insisted in closing the jonnyGURU account and creating a new JonGerow account that would be a "manufacturer's rep", although it was not in my job description to do any kind of forum support.

If he got this bit of news any other way, and it's being passed off as being from a source within BFG, then he's getting it from someone pretending to be with BFG, because nobody from BFG has been in contact with Kyle or anyone at HardOCP. If Kyle thinks he's been in contact with someone from BFG, then it's someone pretending to be from BFG.

Quote:
I would suggest that if you have a BFG card that needs to be RMA'd, you need to get that done ASAFP. We do not see the company being "in business" much longer....
This is where this news blurb turns from news to an opinion, but it doesn't appear as such because everything is written in one free flowing paragraph. I never stated, nor did anyone else that's actually from BFG, what the status of the company is. You don't need someone in my position to continue on as a company selling the same product you've already been selling.

Quote:
...as it is reported that all its remaining inventory has been moved.
That's fiction there. There is still plenty of product in the warehouse. How "all remaining inventory has been moved" came from "the last remaining product manager has been let go", I have no idea. Unless, of course, information is being fed to HardOCP by someone pretending to be with BFG; quite possibly someone that used to be with BFG.

Now that said... BFG may have a week, a month, a year... I have no idea. But I wanted to make sure you guys knew the facts and not some speculation. I guess whatever happens to BFG doesn't effect me anymore, but regardless I don't want to think someone is making stuff up in an effort to hurt an already struggling company.

Now I must go... and find another job.

Source: JohnnyGuru.com

Ehh, either way, the outlook is grim.... If they cut there GPU department, then the PSU department, then something is wrong...

Ehh, either way, the outlook is grim.... If they cut there GPU department, then the PSU department, then something is wrong...

Which would just leave their systems dep left i think. So prebuilt systems (laptops and desktops).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom