Bfg 7900gtx

FamousAmiZ

In Runtime
somethigns wrong my cards messing up... i have a a diff post but no one replies so i had to make this one, (when ever i play game like (AA auto assault) (quake 4) and i try to exit em my screen like blinks..... and also on quake at times my garphics are messed up badly... on aa it happens only at times... i dont kno wht to do, im on the phone w/ bfg atm no ones picking up im on hold 2 hrs since.. GAY! im getting rlly mad..... and my drivers are upto date so i dont know whts up

try the drivers again. Like redownload. Because I have that same problem. Although with mine its because its not fast enough. With yours its probably over heating.

Well BFG wouldn't really be able to help you, so queueing for that longs probably a waste of time :( All they'd be able to say is that you should send the card back for checks, since its probably not a problem reported alot.

Try doing what Arrizx says, and if that doesn't work, it could be something more serious.

I'm guessing when you say the screen flashes, it sort of goes blank and then comes back? If so, thats pretty normal.

Though the mess ups in games, that could be pipeline related, if its producing dots/pink artifacts, etc that shouldn't be there.

if its been doing it from the start, this could be the case.

Other issues could be overheating, yes, since thats a very powerful card you have there. Without apporopiate case cooling, like with any card, it'll just overload and also cause the errors you've described.

i juat reloaded the drivers, and yes on quake i get some pink dots/white at times also like some strchy wierd graphics, and i dont think 67c is over heating..... and i also have a comment never buy anything form BFG they are gay..... worst customer support.... the guys their dont give a flip... alos have attitude probs...

Is the 67 degrees C at idle or under load?

Who did you buy it off? Surely you can go through the retailer and get a refund off them. Give them an email and see what they say.

I have a BFG overclocked 6800GS and haven't had any problems, but I'd never ring their customer support anyway. I know what people on phones say. Its always to restart, and try this, try that. Doesn't help usually.

67 degrees C isn't overheating, no, but is that the card working in games at that temp? Or is that after exiting a game and rechecking? Since the temps go down pretty quick once the main chip isn't being used.

I'd still check out ventillation. Even though it may not be hot, that heat still goes somewhere, and maybe its building up on parts of the chip.

IF NOT:

If not, I'm afraid you have a more serious problem, and BFG phone tech support won't be able to help you.

If its what I fear, its more likely to be a pipeline malfunction, resulting in a replacement of the entire card :( Which by the way isn't fixable.

It isn't unlocked in any way is it? i.e extra pipelines that shouldn't be?

67c when playing ahh i called back this guy seems nicer hes .. asking if i want a RMA he can ship on july 5th back ot me.... should i give it in or no lol i dont know wht to do

If your having all the problems you describe, its probably that the card can't handle the overclocked speeds.

As a last resort, try downloading Riva Tuner and taking the clocks down to something about 100mhz below the current on the memory and on the core. If you see an improvement, then definitely send it back.

i rlly cant see the temp when trying to exit the game lol because it blinks on and off from black screen to the frozen pic of auto assault or quake..... then i have to manually shutt the pc of by holding power button

Back
Top Bottom