BFG 7800GS dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I am going to RMA the card back to BFG thru their lifetime warranty.
Does anybody know anything I should know about this?

Is like the card I get back going to be a refurb of someone elses dead card?

well thats not always true. my friend bought a brand new dell laptop (yes i know its dell) and it was basically doa because it would not boot up. so they said it might be the memory so they sent him new sticks of memory. but when that didnt solve the problem he sent the laptop back to dell and they sent him a refurbished one..... not sure what he did after that.

Did you have an after market heat sink on it? My buddy had a major hard time getting a rma from BFG cause he had a vf-700 that he put on,He did put the original back on when he shipped it but they noticed it had been off,After bickering in email's they finally whent thru with it.

Shumway said:
Did you have an after market heat sink on it? My buddy had a major hard time getting a rma from BFG cause he had a vf-700 that he put on,He did put the original back on when he shipped it but they noticed it had been off,After bickering in email's they finally whent thru with it.

its all stock parts.

uzi9mm said:
I am going to RMA the card back to BFG thru their lifetime warranty.
Does anybody know anything I should know about this?

Is like the card I get back going to be a refurb of someone elses dead card?

Two places to contact in regards to your video card.
1. The people you purchased it from.
2. Your local office for BFG.
3. Failing that, contact BFG directly and ask who looks after BFG RMAs in your area.
http://www.bfgtech.com/contact_redux.html
support@bfgfixx.com

And if you installed an aftermarket heat sink on your GPU, I suggest you install the old one back and make it look like you did not mess around with it.

Finally, do not yell or give abuse to the guys in tech support. They are just there to help you. They have all the power in the world to screw around with your RMA goods.
Eg. Physical Damage, Lost, Sending Back Another Faulty Unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom