Bf2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative...

I have taken out planes with tanks...

and on ground....i have suicecied my vehicle into a low flying plane...it is the best gaem ever!!!!

i have it .,.it is very good!

I just bought it yesterday and my pc broke after installation. Then when i finally get it to work, it breaks again. My luck has run shallow.

best game ev@r. Team work actually means something even on Public servers! GOOD GAME DICE!

The stats/medals/awards are also a nice feature. Kick ass game, strongly suggest 'yall get it.

The game is good but there are problems with it.

1. The helicopters are useless. I think there were so many complaints from people not prepared to learn the fly the Desert Combat choppers that they changed them so they fly themselves. As a result they are seriously unmanouverable (though better than the BF:Vietnam ones)

2. You can't have Mec vs. China matches.

3. The game runs badly even on fairly good machines (at least on the few machines I've seen it run on)

4. FOG!!! I can accept it on the jungle style map but I was very disappointed to find it on the town map (forgotten the names). It's the map that was shown on the very first trailers. It looked like there was no fog at all yet even with draw distance right up you can't see 30 feet ahead of yourself. I thought the days of fog in BF were gone :(

5. The MP5 is wildely inaccurate.

6. Standing anywhere near a vehicle is asking to die. I've been killed by empty boats that were barely moving!!! If you stand next to a tank you frequently die

7. You NEED a vehicle in most maps otherwise you find yourself walking for half an hour to get to a battle (only to be frequently blown away by someone you didn't even see)

However, even with these (mostly minor) problems it's still a fantastic game and the Commander Mode works fantastically if used properly. The biggest problems at the moment is that most servers are seriously laggy.
...wow, I go on a bit :D

Heyyo,

Yeah, most of the BF2 servers are set to 64 players when they really can only handle 50 or so.

But yes, the game turned out great. I think the helis are fine. On DC they were hella overpowered. It was heli whoredom, namely the apache, and people knew it.

The anti-air sucks. It's next to impossible to smoke a heli with a smaw unless they're flying straight over you or hovering. anti-air missile turrets are pretty hard to use, on sp they don't suffer from the delay which makes them very hard to use on mp. I find I shoot it and hit it on my screen yet it won't record on the server... so dice needs to fix that up.

the anti-tank rockets are very weak.. ok, not as weak as BF42, but still pretty weak. Takes like 4 rockets to waste an enemy tank, by the 2nd it's probably killed you already cause you have to wire-guide it or it'll probably curb into the ground...

Commader's n' squads is cool, but lots of people right now don't get into either.. just gotta pick servers with smart people.

On DC the helicopters were fairly easy to use, if they have made them easier i think that would be a negative point.

The game is definitely good. Very good I might add... :)

It's got its flaws but nearly every game does...and they don't detract too harshly from gameplay.

My main problem with the game is that no one really cares about teamwork... You join a squad and the entire time the squad is spread accross the map, not responding to communication or even knowing their in a squad.

I want to play a game of BF2 where I have a good squad. I set an order for them to attack a point and they all respond with spoken "Roger" or typed confirmation. They all group together and operate as a real squad. (One looks behind one front side, other side etc.). We get in vehicles and cooperatively take the flag...

But even without the level of cooperation i had hoped for this game is AWESOME. Buy it.

I haven't gotten the game just yet, but I've been practicing on the demo, and I love it. I think I'll have to change my name lol :)

I just love how much better it is overall, it is a great improvement, I really didn't like 1942.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom