BF2: Aircraft Control Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know if BF2 Demo or the final retail version does or will support "Aircraft Control Joysticks"?

I haven't found any info on this and can't find any settings for it in the Demo. If it does can someone tell me now to enable it. If it doesn't I wonder why the hell not... This would be awesome... I'd have to buy the joystick but it would just make the experience so much better...

If you mean just a joystick. I have mine set up for both jets and heli's. Just go into options and then controls.

Dave

I bought one at Radio Shack... LOL Saitek ST290 Pro... wow what a difference it makes... I love this thing...

June 22nd can't come quick enough...

u wanna get a real joystick? Get the Saitek X-52 HOTAS system. Then get a natural point TrackIR. Its a gizmo that sits on ur monitor and tracks ur head movements. If u lean forward, ur avatar (pilot) will also lean forward. dont know if BF2 will support it though

meh, I'd plan on flying + regular infantry.....joystick might be fun for flying, but I like my keyboard for everything :p

jaksback plays NFSU2 with a little gamepad....give me the keyboard any day

After a clean format, my computer can now play the damn demo :p

Aircraft sure are fun, weird at first but within a couple crashes you're a pro :D

Lot of lame ass people though....even on servers with TK off...people were slamming helicopters into people on the ground....but not slamming so hard the helicopter blows up, just enough to still TK the person....that or the special forces person would put a bunch of C4 below someone, blow it up which would send them way in the air and when they landed they'd die......if you're quick and remember though you can save yourself with parachute of course.

Can't get my logitech joystick to work in the demo :( Put controls in but my joystick controls are inverted for some reason. Can't figure it out. Works in BFV, so hopefully BF2 full game will support it.

What I did was make my own private server... Password it. Then hop in an airplane. Head to controls menu and play around with differnet settings. It took me a while to set everything perfect, but wow was it worth it...

The airplanes controls are pretty straight forward and easy to configure. But the helicopters are all inverted. You basically have to configure it backwards. I even tried selecting "Invert Controls" but that made it worse.

I'm going to have to do this all over again tomorrow as i'm buying the full version first thing in the morning... Can't wait... I might even consider taking the day off of work...

I've become pretty good at flying.....although man...when I get in a dogfight and I'm behind someone...they can't shake me....unfortunately it's the same vice versa :( no matter how many turns and crap I do that stupid ass alarm is ALWAYS going off and I can't seem to shake the person.

Also....with the US airplanes....that one where it's by the edge and you gotta take off vertically....if you haven't done this...the easiest way to take off is bring the nose all the way up, hit the afterburner and take off....you basically start flying from the spot and takes less time than the verticle take off and then flying forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom