better mpg than hybrids ????

Lets say you drive 650 miles a week, which is very common for a commuter living in my city. You get 30 miles per gallon, meaning it would take you 22+ gallons to drive every week. In Canada, 22 gallons of gas would be 100 litres. At $1.20 per litre, thats 120$ worth of gas weekly, which equates to $6,200 per year worth of gas.

Now, you can see where the savings are. I based the distance on driving Hamilton to Toronto daily (as well as a small activity), and a fuel efficient SUV.

Count insurance rates for the new car and you're right back where you started from. In 90% of all cases, it simply does not make sense to purchase a new car to save money. On the other hand, replacing an SUV with a Prius might make sense (but I'd still rather drive my car rather than a Hybrid.)

My only problem with hybrids is that they are all ugly. I don't understand why auto manufacturers can't make a nice looking hybrid car?

Yeah, any hybrid sedan would be great, but ofcourse they try and come up with some concept car design that looks so futuristic

What really interests me, because Im taking a course to be automotive technician... is running cooking oil in your diesel. It is extremely easy to do. It requires no engine mods, and the oil itself is FREE it just takes a bit of time to get it filtered and diluted ( depending on how you would like to use it). And it gets just as good as miliage as Diesel! Best part is, you cant kill yourself if you run a Diesel on cooking oil while in a closed garage :D

....... you cant put the civic up as an alternative for an ugly car, civics are horrible things.. especially the new style ones...

LMAO! I forgot...UK got shafted with the horrible CRX looking Civic. Have fun with your new Civic Type-R and it's torsion beam rear suspension. :p I'll just have the US Civic Si instead. :)

My only problem with hybrids is that they are all ugly. I don't understand why auto manufacturers can't make a nice looking hybrid car?

I'm not a fan of any new car looks. IMO I haven't found any new looks I like. Some of the previous looks that are still around since like 2005 or so are ok, but anything with a new look from '07 or later doesn't look any good to me...

I recently found this out, but if your engine runs too cool, you aren't getting the best gas mileage you can with your car. My dad saw mine is running too cool, I need a new thermostat.

Back
Top Bottom