Beta testers needed - Expressfreelance.com

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
My new freelance listing site needs beta testing as well as suggestions and feedback etc.
All feedback is welcome and i will respond to all of it as best i can.
The site is
http://expressfreelance.com
Please sign up and let me know what you think about the site. If you want to test the advanced coder functions as well let me know and i'll give you a lifetime subscription to our site for free.

Thanks

If you're going use a CMS, it's common courtesy to credit the development team responsible for creating it.

Ok, i will consider a method of courtesy that doesn't disrupt the look of the site. Any other feedback to be given?

background color and banner color are two similar. You want your name to be flashy and noticeable.
Choose a different text for the actual text of the name.

Use the same color for your banner and footer.

Choose a different color and text from the actual name text and color for the "commission free".

EDIT: wtf? Link

Thanks for the advice vampist. I'm not much of a stylist, i'm occasionally a little 'colour blind'. I'll put a restyle on my to do list. It's time to hit the hay in my books.

Keep the feedback coming, i'll update tomorrow.

I'll look tonight when I get to the office. As for me it's horizontal time to check my eyelids for holes.

Oh. And I know you are going to have ads. So I would put a space somewhere with a white background that is a spot for ads.

Since you don't have any yet just put something like.. "Want to advertise with us? click here!".

It's clean and simple. Easy to navigate. No extrenious bs.
I would make the logo header look more professional though.
I signed up to get a peek inside. Looking good.

IMO, The logo is too similar to ScriptLance.com.

Also, The footer background colour contrasts too much with the rest of the site.

This is a small thing, but could have installed drupal directly in public_html, and not in a sub-directory.

Another small thing is that it doesnt seem to be very quick at loading... It took about 15-20 seconds for me to load a blog entry.

Back
Top Bottom