Bestbuy saying your harrdrive is dead, and than stealing your data offf of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bestbuy saying your harrdrive is dead, and than stealing your data offf of it
I finally got around to watching that.
Not really stealing the data there. More like some one forgot to run the partition magic low level secure format before reselling the hard drive.
It's honestly sound like some one just f**ked up there and the typical american media is making a moutain out of a mole hill there.

It's could be just about any thing there. Like it could be that Best Buy definition of "destroying a hard drive" is to just throw it in the bin. And then you had some one go dumpester diving.

It's amazing what people do around garbage bins around computer stores. Lost count the number of times I have seen people take dead power supplies out of my bin at work. (or any thing else that could be salvagable)

hey thats a good idea...too bad i don't live to close to one thats at all profitable.

I was cleaning up the old warehouse, I was chucking out "RELECS"* and I had people combing my bin all week.

* RELECS = computer that might actually be funtional if I spent the time to work on them. However they are so low spec.ed that they are not worth my time for me get them working again. Currently those are any thing under a 500Mhz

i actully would take old powersupplies and just take the fan. i dunno i like fans (as long as they work) no matter what. only computer fans tho. not celing fans. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom