Best way to reformat

I've gave up on the error I was getting. Tommorow I'm just going to reformat my harddrive and start from scratch. What would be the best option for the format. Just do a quick NTFS format. Then create a 10gb partition for the O.S I have a 400gb HD I know when I installed it the first time I screwed up only got like 127gb and had 2 partition the rest. Anyway I can avoid this?

if you get a disk with service pack 2, the limit increases. i'm not sure what the new limit is, but its deffinatly over 200. (my guess is 232 because thats what both of my 250's come in as.)

a quick format is fine. the only time you would need a full format is if your selling the comptuer and want to make sure it's virtually impossible for anyone to get old data off the drive.

Your drives came in at 232gb because of the format and/or the conversion rate that drive manufacturers use.
@mattie just create a slipstreamed disc with SP2 on it

I installed a western digital in a dell but every time i turn the computer on or reboot i get a message cannot find either hard drive press (f1 to boot or ft fo setup. is there anyway i can change this?
Thanks

Is the hard drive plugged in correctly? And is the ribbon connecting the motherboard to the hard drive working properly?

I installed a hard drive in a dell comp and now every time i turn on or reboot my comp i get a message (press f1 to boot or f2 for set up) is there anyway i can change this. every thing works fine but this.
Thanks

Sorry about the two post kinda new at this. Every thing works fine except when i turn the comp on or reboot. that is when i have to push the f1 key to get the computer working right.

When you're computer restarts press either F2 or DEL, for the BIOS to come up. Just make the hard drive boot before anything else, that should take away that message for you! :)

I think?
When I press the f2 key and scroll down it says hard drive not installed. how do i change that. i know it is installed I just would like to get rid of that first screen press fi or f2.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom