Best way for Symantec Ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i was ghosting lots of pc's at once, i just did a clean install with everything i needed on one machine, then used sysprep and pushed the image via network to a ghost server then used multicast to image 15 or so machines at a time.

A more in depth description of basically what I do :p

Well its been a few years since ive had to do this. And i wasnt the one that set up the ghost server. If i recall we were still using ghost 8 or 10, but its basically just installed on a server and you boot the machine with the image on it and set the server to recieve. You then push the image from the machine to the server which can hold x amount of images depending on disk size. Then you start a multicast session on the server and use a boot disk (cd/floppy/usb drive) to boot into ghost and connect to the multicast session. This multicast session then broadcasts the image you previously selected to whatever machines you connected to it.

The vendor we buy our computers from does all the ghosting for us, so i havent had to deal with it in quite sometime other than just doing a plain old disk to disk ghost to bring the few 2000 machines we still had floating around up to xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom