Best VPN by Country

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Hi All,

What would you guys say is the best VPN based on the country the vendor is from?

Based on things like the countries policies on Privacy, data retention, cooperation with other countries if they request info, corruption in terms of if they sell your data to 3rd parties black market (known corruption that has been reported) etc...

America is last in my list..:cool:

US is actually a pretty good place to get a VPN from, because there's no Data Retention laws. PrivateInternetAccess, one of the more popular VPN services out there, is based out of the US because of that reason.

What about america privacy laws? Coop with sec angecies? Etc.. im sure a VPN company from say east asia is more better because they will refuse to work with europe or US if they require records or data from the company?

If its worth anything hears what little I know.

France is supposed to be a pretty good place. Their Laws ect on piracey when it comes to DATA retention is supposed to be pretty good. A lot people who torrent use the likes of PIA servers in France because of the lax laws surrounding this.

I can't be 100 % sure but I think thats what I read when I was looking in to Seed Boxes in excess of £500 + ..

A lot of EU countries have good laws surrounding stuff like this but with this Tory government we have now this U.K has fast become a **** hole over the last 7 too 10 years in regards to privacy.

The I.P Act or I.P Bill says it all.

Russia went down the same road as the U.K on the DATA retention so PIA pulled their servers from that country, Russia.

Netherlands is a pretty liberal country as well. Supposed to be good apparently! Not sure but I think thats rite.

Britain has become a police state unfortunately with regards to the threat of terrorism and the government using written law to spy on people.

OK, data retention aside... as much as a country like America/ France have good data retention policies.. they also allow snooping.. so who cares if they dont retain data when they allow a 3rd party to collect it so they can retain it...

Which countries are really against snooping and data collection from 3rd parties..

if I have a VPN in say Singapore, will singapore try to prevent america collecting data? will they work with america if america needs info/data from Singapore companies providing VPNs? will they say "do one"..
will they actively stop 3rd parties?

VPN data is encrypted and short lived. By the time any snoopers would collect it, the data may not be relevant anymore.

Add in the fact that they don't retain any logs or data, then there's nothing to collect after the fact.

This is what I used to make my decision on what VPN I chose (I used an older guide, but they release one yearly):
https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-anonymous-review-2017-170304/

I should point out that the moment the Gov, NSA, GCHQ or others like these snoop on and decrypt a connection, they WILL store the data for possible use/statistics, its what they do... and its how they build intelligence, of course its how everyone builds intelligence.

Your link is what im talking about, how companies deal with these situations will matter by which country they operate from.

SO based on these questions, which country would be best?

2. What is the registered name of the company and under what jurisdiction(s) does it operate?

4. In the event you receive a takedown notice (DMCA or other), how are these handled?

5. What steps are taken when a valid court order or subpoena requires your company to identify an active user of your service? Has this ever happened?

7. Which payment systems do you use and how are these linked to individual user accounts?

11. Do you have physical control over your VPN servers and network or are they hosted by/accessible to a third party? Do you use your own DNS servers?

12. What countries are your servers located in?

Last edited:
Well from the list given from TorrentFreak, go through that and decide which one sounds the best.

Back
Top Bottom