best video card for 400 or under

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should just save up another month or two's worth of cash and either get the G70 coming out around june 22nd, or really crank down with some patience and wait for the R520 from ATI to be released (I think last I heard late july was the date) then wait to see some benches regarding the two cards, and come august get one of those.....yeah it sucks waiting that long, but it'd be worth it

well ive looked at specs for ati and nvidias and nvidias sucks for once and ati are 2x as good and are going to be priced 10% cheaper than nvidia no matter what but what is the best card right now.

I don't know where you're getting your specs but you're mistaken.....the only cards that ATI does better on is the most expensive ones like the X850XT and such simply because they released it a few months after the 6800Ultras because they knew they were losing to the competition...

Plus the fact none of the ATI's have PS3 at the moment, but that's a whole other conversation....

Looks like you'll be wanting a card in the X800XT range if you just HAVE to have a card this instant.

Pepsiboy700 said:
Whats the best card for pci express x16 sli supported for 400 right now?( or less might get another one when i got cash last august)

They dont make a x800 in pci express x16

tought the 6800 was better than x800 eh w/e go ati then?

yeah the ATI does seem to be better, but if you look back at last generation everyone thought the same thing and it turned out to be opposite....the specs for the G70 have changed again and again, so I'd waint until around the first week of august and see some benches and real world gameplay before you make a decision unless you simply like ATI and that's the end of the story....

I prefer Nvidia, but even still I would personally wait to see which card does better and if it's ATI it's ATI, if it's not it's not......either way I wouldn't go by specs just yet because as of right now it's all been speculation and I'd sincerely hope nvidia wouldn't release a crappy card barely above the 6800Ultra standard to keep up with the ATI card soon to be released.

Damn, I didn't know they didn't have PCI-E of that card....not a big ATI fan myself as I've said......the X850XT is $459 at newegg

tought the 6800 was better than x800 eh w/e go ati then?
The 6800GT is better than the X800pro and XT as far as I know.......the X800XL performs pretty damn close to the 6800GT and is relatively cheap to, about $250 now maybe less, but it doesn't take much of an OC on the 6800GT to easily surpass that of the X800XL.....that X850XT at newegg is a powerful card, but I'd still wait to see what newer cards come out because by then you'll have more money and these prices will drop

dont get ATI now, especially not a X800/X850 series card. I can relate to that mistake. Judging by the last specs i saw, the R520 looks better, but as nubius said, wait for the benchies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom