Best Uninstaller Software?

ryanhoang@gmail.com

Solid State Member
I install a lot of applications and when I want to uninstall it, I usually just use the Windows Standard Add/Remove Programs utility. However, I began to notice that it doesn't COMPLETELY remove all entries relating to that program such as registry entries, folders, files, etc... It leaves a lot of $%@ & $#@$ on the system.

Therefore.... I was wondering if any of you use or know of any good and effective uninstaller software out there that I can use. I have googled it and there's just so many out there and I know that most of them are bad.

Thanks.

CCleaner can be sort of useful for this, but I don't know if it will delete ALL registry entries.

theres no general uninstaller for all programs i always find its manual labour im afraid,

uninstall from ad remove programs, goto regedit / hkey_local_machine/Software/(what your uninstalling) and delete everything there,
then delete everything in hkey_local_user/software/(what your trying to uninstall)

then goto C:/documents and setting/user/local settings/application data/(what your uninstalling) delete everything in there,

then C:/documents and settings/user/application data/|(uninstalling) delete it all there again,

and finally C:/program files/Common Files/(program uninstalling) then delete everything in there,

and finally jus run Ccelaner and thats about as good as an uninstall as you get nowa days.

Back
Top Bottom