Best suited computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibuya

Beta member
I was wondering what are the best suited pc's for game programmers, such as Dells or Macs?

I didn't see any mention of graphics there... I saw programming games... which is a totally different ballpark. Shibuya, do you plan on making your games cross platform or windows only? If you answered the latter then obviously a mac would be a poor choice.

Just the PC's that programmers use for game consoles right now with Gamecube,PS2 and the XBOX.Nothing for Windows.

Mac is the best choice. I don't know where some people got the idea that you can't program windows applications and games on a Mac.

gab00n said:
Mac is the best choice. I don't know where some people got the idea that you can't program windows applications and games on a Mac.

There's nothing preventing you from doing it but how are you supposed to test your builds?

Shibuya, consoles are a totally different story... If you plan on developing games for them you need to contact the individual companies and see what you need... Xbox will most likely have an SDK that recommends windows but heavens know what Nintendo and Sony use... maybe a linux variant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom