Best short-term investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Hey, does anyone have any reccomendations as to what would be the best short-term investment (about a 1-year period)

I do not want to do stocks or mutal funds.

I was thinking like CD's, Government Bonds, or even a standard savings account?

Any other ideas or reccomendations would be great.

Savings account.

My advice is to use a private one in your own town, over the big ones.

And look for the best interest rate, i get about 5 cents per month with my bank, for free!

I'd say research a meth. recipe. You could probably buy the supplies for a few hundred dollars and make a few thousand dollars in a few months.

Well, if you live around a bunch of tweakers...

Well, if you don't mind what you get when you "cash" your investment in, a personal favorite of my roomate is condoms.

I tend to buy rare guitars, then sell them a couple years later when the demand for them is high.

CD's are pretty good, but you need a LOT of money in the account to get anything substantial back...

HAVOC2k5 said:
I'd say research a meth. recipe. You could probably buy the supplies for a few hundred dollars and make a few thousand dollars in a few months.

Well, if you live around a bunch of tweakers...

lol, best idea so far.

whats wrong with stocks?

my dad used to buy and sell the same stock pretty much everyday. you just need a stock with really high volume, reliable company, and somewhat volatile price. the stock my dad used was cisco (CSCO); and he would wait till the price drops sufficiently, then sell after it goes up like $1. the range of this stock is between $17-22. it usually never goes outside these boundaries.. except in 9/11 i remember it went down to 14, but now its up to 20 again... if you have a good chunk of money you could make a few hundred $ a day! you gotta watch it, and know when to sell!

but you said no stocks.. so nvm.. hehe

Buy a cheap old car restore it then sell it for a nice project.

You could by a "fixer-upper" house relativily cheap do about $5,000-$20,000 work into it. Sell it for $40,000+ more than it was orginally.

For example, my and my uncle do this quite often. We bought this little house for like $35,000 (starter home as well). Did about $6,000 into renovating it. (Shingles, Siding, carpet, deck, etc). We then sold it for $85,000. VERY nice profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom