Best Radeon X800XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
I was now looking into the 256 mb pci-express 16 Radeon X800XL, and was wondering which company makes the best one?

PLEASE don't get the Radeon X800XL. It lacks the proper shaders for DX9 games (Shader Model 3), so you will be stuck playing them in DX8.1 mode. While some here will tell you to get the X800 because they will look good even in DX8.1 mode, I tend to believe that you don't buy a card that expensive to not play the newest games on highest settings. The card I suggest is the Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT, which is the same price, and does feature Shader Model 3, so you can take advantage of DX9 features such as High Dynamic Range Lighting, Parallax mapping, Specular lighting, high-res water, and many more advanced graphical features.

Ditto

6800GT's are the same price if not cheaper, same peformance, but are great overclockers and can have all the eye candy on.

i heard that you have to have a seperate power connector for nvidia cards though. how much extra is that? also that they have some problems.

the power connectors should already be there, just look inside your case. They are the same ones that connect to the hard drive and cdrom, called molex. No biggy most power supplies have a few extras.

from a very good computer tech, has been in the business for a long time, and says that they have a few problems with their nvidias at his work place.

lol

all computer techs say that

my local techs all ask "do you have a nvidia card or use nvidia chipset mobo?" and when i ask why he tells me that they give lots of problems

nvidia's 6600gt & 6800 series own every ati card right now

Well, ATi made X800XL, as it is a bit cheaper, but not better than, the 6800 GT...

Good luck,

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom