Best Processor IYO for 300-500

CODIIplayer

Beta member
Best Processor IYO for $300-$500

Im going to be mostly gaming so i was leaning towards AMD but im not sure which one.

Quinton McLeod said:

Opterons perform better and overclock higher. They also have an extra incoherent link...

True, but he wants a processor that he can game with. Opterons aren't really meant for gaming, as oppossed to the Athelon 64 X2, which somewhat is.

1337DuD3 said:
True, but he wants a processor that he can game with. Opterons aren't really meant for gaming, as oppossed to the Athelon 64 X2, which somewhat is.

Opterons have the same core as the X2s... The Opteron 170 is a Dual Core processor using the Denmark core. It also has a larger l2 cache than most X2s... So, they run a bit better than the X2s for gaming.

Quinton McLeod said:

Opterons have the same core as the X2s... The Opteron 170 is a Dual Core processor using the Denmark core. It also has a larger l2 cache than most X2s... So, they run a bit better than the X2s for gaming.

Hmmm didn't know that. How much more do they usually run?

[EDIT] Also, people were saying they were overclockign them between 2.4GHz and 2.65 GHz. Sounds like a good CPU to get.

Also, Quinton, check out my Athelon 64 FX-60 review thread. I need some input on that one. :)

Back
Top Bottom