BEST PCI Graphics Card

i'm thinking low res, low settings.

I have a 9800PRO 128mb and I get about 40-60fps at 800x600 with High settings. That card must be alot worse than mine, and mines older!

Though it probably helps that that card isn't Direct X-9 so runs at 8.1 instead, which takes up less resources.

"Full support for DirectX ® 8.1 programmable pixel and vertex shaders in hardware"

Guess im in the same boat with john123, cuz I got a p4 with ddr ram without the pci express slot or agp. I think emachines modified the orginial intel board, and made it smaller or something. But the 9250 can handle the newer games? I just need to get LOTR: return of the king working on my intel 900 graphics accelerator thing. It gives me a stupid direct 3d error even tho i have it enabled. any suggestions besides updating drivers? i think its just not recognizing the new chipset.

im pretty sure they do, plus the game is direct x 8.1 so why would that matter?
i have direct x 9.0c so i think it uses it.

anyone got a workaround for my intergrated intel solution (intel 900 graphics accelerator), so it can play lord of the rings : return of the king?

I don't see how you can make that to be any better without getting a separate video card. It's already a tweaked out version that is clocked at 333MHz and uses a four-pixel pipe architecture. Intel has built DirectX 9.0 pixel shader 2.0 capability into the chip as well.

You can turn the settings in the game down so it doesn't do all that shadowing and reduce the details.

thats just the thing tho.. it wouldnt let me play the game. The first time I tried it I got a direct 3d error but when I check with the Direct X diagnostic tool it has direct 3d acceleration enabled and direct draw enabled. I just dont think the game is recognizing the new chipset. any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom