Best Partitioner for Multiple OS?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have Windows XP Professional installed on a 200GB SATA I drive. I would really like to start looking around at new Operating Systems, but last time I trusted SuSe to "automatically shrink" my XP partition, Windows would no longer boot...

So I'm looking for the most trustworthy and reliable partitioner that makes it easy and safe. I want to install (in addition to XP Pro):

Mac OS X
Suse 10.2
Windows Vista Beta

And I do not need large partitions for any of them, as I will mainly just be exploring the different operating systems.

Also nice would be an included boot loader that has a nice look to it, not all freaky DOS style...

Thanks

i use powerquest's partition magic...and it hasn't let me down, but remember to defragment too before u do anything.

i also use acronis os selector from the Disk director suite, and it will let you boot up multiple os's...try it out and tell us how u make out.

Personally, I like QTparted... it is fairly intuitive, but also quite powerful. shawn_selig's suggestions are also quite good. BTW, it was most likely not the SuSE partitioner that caused Windows not to boot, but rather a bad install of GRUB (perhaps placed in a bad location). I have never had trouble dual-booting with SuSE's partitioner...

Use the linux installer and manually partition the drive instead of having it auto partition.

Back
Top Bottom