Best mp3 player on the market?

NervousLarry

Baseband Member
Hi, I don't know if this should really go in this forum, but I'd like everyone's opinion.

:mad: First let me say I really hate iPods. I've heard they die after a few months and you can't replace the battery. Besides that the trendy "everyone's got one" aspect of it just p****s me off, I refuse to give in to Apple. **** ****

I want a player that will hold at least 20GB, doesnt necessarily have to play video, and is a good bargain. Creative used to have quality mp3 players for really good prices, but recently theyve been pricey because iPod is ****** their business.

So everyone just give me some opinions on good mp3 players that will last a a few years and are well priced.

Offensive words edited out :mad:

zen vision!!! or an archos cuz they have video and mp3. never heard bout the iriver but i bet its not bad.

Oh yeah, is the iPod really considered the best on the market? There's nothing better than THAT? I figured Creative would come up with something to rape it but I couldnt find anything that rivaled it in price.

Zen Vision is huge and 400 bucks. It beats the pants off a video iPod IF you care that much about video. I'm in it more for the music and cheapness (300 max), but hey, video thrown in and I wouldnt complain.

If the Zen Vision is lowered by 100 bucks within the next few months Ill go for it.

Whats an archos? got a link?

watch your language

creative zen touch is a nice player. its on newegg somewhere, i want one but cant find one around only ipods and I too hate them, although the mini's arent bad but all the rest suck. and btw teh Iriver is very big in canada its a good brand and the screens are usually colorful

I'm looking at this http://www.shoparchos.com/product.aspx?sku=2693848&section_id=27&culture=fr-FR

It's the archos Gmini402.

Video Playback, pictures, music, 20 Gb

$250

50 bucks less than a 30Gb iPod.

Plus it isnt an iPod and apprently this is a really high class brand.

What I want to know is, can you remove the battery, and will I be able to get drivers for it to work on an old computer (Im poor- give me a break- Win98 updated RAM to 192MB approx 400MHZ USB 1.0)

dont worry, i cant afford a car and you probably have one of them. now archos in canada sell pretty good too, go to google and type in the name of it and then review, that will bring up all the reviews for it so you can see what professionals have to say about it. the problem with all of those kinda players is battery life. the new sony lasts 34 hours btw and 24 hours with mp3. you should look into one of those

Nice. The Sony site is confusing when looking for products. Any links you got would be appreciated.

34 hours is damn long, I like that.

I really dont even want a video playback to tell the truth, I just wouldnt mind one so I can shove it in my iPod obsessed friends's faces.

Oh, and no, i don't have have a car. 19 and still haven't got one. Which makes your life pretty hard. So trust me, I can relate.

I have a Scandisk Sansa, and its awsome, built in FM tuner, SRS WOW 3D Digital Audio, Nice lit LCD display, and it only runs on 1 AAA battery that lasts 12-15hrs. By the way it has 512mb internal but their is an expansion slot.

Back
Top Bottom