Best movie compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
I would just like to know what is the best software for compressing movie files recorded from fraps. I have tried virtualdub and that made my video 3 x bigger than the original file :eek: so i dont know what went wrong there.

Thanks

VirtualDub for the win. I just tried this and it worked very well (had it on my HDD for a while.)

yea but as i said above it didnt compress at all. i didnt kno which type to use so if u tell me which one to use ill try that. Thanks

depends on what codec or format you want to use, all have advantages and disadvantages

sounds like you dont know what your doing and used the wrong codec or none at all to make the file 3 times bigger

these days, for all around use, one of the mpeg4 family of codecs work as good as any--divx, xvid, or any of the other mpeg4s like the open source lavc or opendivx work fine too

lol yea im a noob when it comes to things like this. i wanted it as mpeg4 but none of the compressor options say wat it converts to

Didn't see you tried VirtualDub. What you do is, Video > Compression > choose format > reduce quality to desired amount > OK > save as AVI

It works well. Use a converter to go to MPEG4. There is one reccomended with the video Creative Zen.

Trifid said:
Didn't see you tried VirtualDub. What you do is, Video > Compression > choose format > reduce quality to desired amount > OK > save as AVI

Thats exactly what i did do :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom