Best Laptop CPU

Fisher

Fully Optimized
hello all! i am thinking about buying a new laptop and was wondering what are the best cpus for it. last time i checked i thought the centrino cpu was the best for a laptop. i dont want no big core 2 duo thinger that sucks the battery and chucks out a load of heat in return i want a proper laptop cpu designed for the job. so was wondering has much changed? i know there is the centrino dual core but what about this atom cpu i see and also how is amd with laptop cpus these days?

What exactly will you be doing with your computer? Centrino is just an "instruction set?" for Intel CPU's to be able to use wireless, I think. I know it has something to do with wireless internet. Core 2 Duo CPU's consume less power than the older chips. You wouldn't see a huge difference between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo power consumption wise. But you will performance wise.

Actually, Centrino is a specific Intel chipset. The CPU in it WAS a core 2 duo, until this year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino

The absolute best laptop CPU right now is the Intel Core i7. The Centrino platform currently uses it.

Also, all laptop processors are designed for the job. The core 2 duo in a desktop is very different from the one in a laptop. Same for the i7. My laptop has an older('07, Merom) Core 2 duo, and I can get 5-6 hours of life out of it.

Believe it or not, how big/bright your screen is and what sort of wireless stuff is turned on can have a bigger impact on your battery life than your CPU.

Back
Top Bottom