Best GPU?

foothead,
That's good you at least got the good cards for your brother before they went to crap. ;)

It's very interesting reading this discussion. I had no idea XFX was doing so bad. It's a good thing you steered me into PowerColor. I haven't had the money to purchase yet, and I probably won't make that sale...oh well. :)

Good day,
Joshua

XFX is making crap cards now. AFAIK, their 4870s, 4890s, 5770s, and 5750s are all on crap pcbs where they put vrms that do not allow software overvolting, and there are even some where they cut crossfire plugs. They also have major reliability issues because they are constantly switching parts trying to save themselves every cent possible.

Avoid XFX at all costs nowadays. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

glad i got a bad ass 4850 then

Wait, doesn't XFX still offer a double lifetime warranty? As long as they perform to spec and you're not overclocking, I don't see the problem...

Wait, doesn't XFX still offer a double lifetime warranty? As long as they perform to spec and you're not overclocking, I don't see the problem...

They do, but you have to register in thirty days, live in the US, and can't triple or quad crossfire, and you can't get hardly anything for them if reselling.

None of that affects the average user though...I mean sure, it's crappy, but it's not that big of a deal.

Also, as far as I know, you don't need CFX bridges t quadfire...it's just triple that won't work. Who buys 3-4 individual cards anyway?

You need CF bridges for quadfire and tri-fire. I have seen plenty of people do three or four individual cards. Why not?

A bunch of people on OCN got them and were ranting.

Back
Top Bottom