Best Friends Build

Me to. The 600 will perform at a lower % usage.
That will include better efficiency, a little less heat and properly also less noise from the fan.

how much cheaper did you find the 560ti for?

I ran a test, and I said that system load would be 100%, and the test said the minimum would be 462 watts, and the recommended was a 492 watt

462W is WAY!!!!!!!! to close to it's 500W limit.
Efficiency will be very low and it's not good for the PSU.
Also noise and heat will be an issue.

Ohh you already have a 500W?
well... i'll still say it's not enough as a gaming PSU.
It's a small upgrade which is a shame when spending that among of money.
if a were you i'll go for something gold validated. your 500W is properly bronze.
I found this PSU: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (HX650) - PCPartPicker

It's gold validated, it's modular, It's 650W and it's made by corsair.
It's on sale for 80 bucks at newegg

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

It's normal price is a little over 120 bucks. you safe a lot

Ohh you already have a 500W?
well... i'll still say it's not enough as a gaming PSU.
It's a small upgrade which is a shame when spending that among of money.
if a were you i'll go for something gold validated. your 500W is properly bronze.
I found this PSU: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (HX650) - PCPartPicker

It's gold validated, it's modular, It's 650W and it's made by corsair.
It's on sale for 80 bucks at newegg

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

It's normal price is a little over 120 bucks. you safe a lot

Lol, I'm getting my brother a low end Gaming PC and he is gonna pay half for a 600 watt, and I'll give him my 500 watt XD. Does anyone know anything about ThermalTake power supplies???

Last edited:
What about a Dell Power Supply? Would that be a bad idea if I went for a 750 watt for him so it's not so hard on the PSU???

I didn't understand that.
Might be my english. I understood it like: "If you gave your brother a 750 dell PSU, would that be bad for his PSU"... makes no sense what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom