Best Firewall for a Business

The two that I have used are Cisco and Sonicwall, both older of course...the key word to your question is affordable ;)

With the ones that I usually use Cisco is BY FAR the better option. I can go into a Cisco and do exactly what I want/need to do. The Sonicwalls I have dealt with are more the Apple version of Firewalls (We know what's best for you and here are the options we allow).

You're looking at $300 and up depending on the model you decide to go with on the Ebay Amazon Used market....I'm not sure about more modern sonicwall firewalls but the ones I have dealt with have a per connection license attached to them as well where as the Cisco versions have a use license that is not per connection|number of users limiting.

Palo Alto here (PA-500), it's done fantastically for us. Really easy to manage and *very* powerful, I'd say we qualify as a small business too (bordering on medium I guess)

Sonicwall or PFSense, a lot of companies here use PFSense for one reason, and that's because it's hard to get reliable fiber or cable, and most companies are stuck on DSL or satellite... PFSense works beautifully for limited connections.

Back
Top Bottom