Best Bang For Buck System

duxtape

BSOD
I plan to sell my PC ( specs in sig ) but im on A VERY tight budget.
can anyone make me a system on newegg for like 300 bucks?
dual core and an 8800 with atleast 2gb would be nice.
dont say its not possible, atleast try

its not possible, 8800 takes up over half your budget.

8800 ~150
cpu ~ 80
mobo ~ 70
hdd ~ 50
psu ~ 50
case ~ 50
....etc.
all of the above: >$300

EDIT: FORGET ORIGINAL POST
You said you're willing to spend $300. Here you go. Sell your current machine for $150, and buy this for $273. I tried to find something that would total it to exactly $300, but couldn't. Adding another 2GB stick would make it $309. Plus, shipping and handling would probably make it $290 or so.

zoj89k.jpg

AMD X2 5000+, brand-spankin' new HD4850 (eats the 8800GT and the 9800GTX both for breakfast), 2GB DDR2-800 (i screwed the memory thing up again, it should be the same price, my bad), 400-watt power supply and sleek mid-tower from Rosewill.

so I dont know If I should get this or not. what if the components just die on me?
its not possible, 8800 takes up over half your budget.
you can get an 8800 for like 120 bucks

When you are in a really tight budget, sometimes you have to manage without getting the top shelf components.

numerous reviews have found those particular no-name models just fine, I went out of my way to pick the least expensive, but at the same time, the best rated of the least expensive group of motherboards and hard drives. duxtape, I recommend that build to you (with the whole DDR2-800 not 667), and add a fan to that (just look at the case and you'l see what kind of fans it fits, whether it be 80mm or 120mm or w/e).

The point is, theres your build. That IS the best bang for your buck

so I dont know If I should get this or not. what if the components just die on me?

you can get an 8800 for like 120 bucks

Yea, AFTER MAIL IN REBATE

I personally hate MIR's because they always take too long or they just tell you we lost your MIR request paper. (Happened before)

I would just wait and save up at LEAST $500 to get slightly better quality items. Then sell you computer and get the parts. If you keep a VERY low budget then you have a higher chance for your parts to fail.

Back
Top Bottom