best audio drivers.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
i just formatted my hd, and i cant remember what driver i used for the audio. its onboard. i think it was something w/ nvidia

Re:

EricB said:
download and install everest

...ditto. You'll be able to find out what onboard sound you have.

Unless you already know what motherboard you have.

You say Nvidia? If you have an Nvidia nForce chipset, then you're onboard sound is probably the Nvidia Audio Processing Unit using Realtek AC'97.

...Especially if this rings any bells:

nforce2ultra400gb3rd8va.jpg

yea its an nforce 4 chipset, and that picture was wat i had, where can i get that driver, nvidia website?

Re:

korky122 said:
yea its an nforce 4 chipset, and that picture was wat i had, where can i get that driver, nvidia website?

Since you've formatted your PC, it's best that you install your chipset drivers.

They include audio drivers for your onboard sound.

Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp and select Platform / nForce drivers in the first box. Then select the nForce 4 chipset depending on your system, in the second box. Then select your Operating System in the third box. Click Go to download your chipset drivers.

When it's downloaded, run the installation package.

Oh...and about getting a new soundcard, the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Soundcard will certainly woop your onboard audio...!

What is your standard for stereo speakers? I won't tolerate anything less that two 12" 3-ways.

It depends, if you are an audiophile, you'll hear a difference, but if you think MP3's sound good, then you probably wouldn't hear a difference...

nvidia or realtek driver with will on my nvidia chipset. I choose realtek as it has more options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom