Best AntiVirus software ever?

markrunbox

Beta member
What antivirus program is the best for a computer?

I know that Norton might rock, but myself personally, I can't tolerate the way it uses all of my ram and slows my computer down. I use spy bot, but that isn't enough. Is there anyone out there who knows of an antivirus program that will not eat up my bank account or my computer's capacity to function at a normal rate? Thank you for your time......

You're going to find that the "best" is going to be anecdotal. There's no single AV software that will detect all threats and eliminate them. It's always good to have an Antivirus software that updates regularly though. My suggestion would be Comodo Internet Security Suite. It's free and very good.

Re:

I worked as a system admin at General Dynamics for five yrs. During that time we went through several companies looking for the right solution..We ended up with Trend Micro. They are far superior to all the others in updates, ease of use and least amount of resources used.

Bitdefender Coupons

Avast, AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials (the worst of the three, but you know, it's alright), COMODO etc.

Some good paid options are Avast! Business/Pro, Kasperskey, NOD32 (ESET) and Bit Defender 2011.

just don't get Norton or McAfee, Stupid bloatware that just let the viruses in. AND theyr're expensive. I think Bit Defender is £15ish for the basic version, Kasperskey is about £20 and i'm not sure about NOD32.

Any computer that comes in full of spyware or malware, leaves with Avast! or BitDefender depending on the customer, in league with MalwareByte's. They don't usually come back for a while.

For a long time, Nod32 was considered the 'best',; but I don't know if that is still the case. The best AV is by not connecting your compurtt to the internet and not plugging in untrusted software sources, but even that is not 100% virus-proof.

I use a hardware firewall running a Linux OS and CLAMAV combined with safe surfing habits and have been virus-free for years.

Back
Top Bottom