Best 19" CRT Moniter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dskustin

Solid State Member
Here's a topic that I'm sure a lot of people will love to state their opinion on. I appoligize if there is already a thread like this, or if I posted this in the wrong section. Well, I'm looking at getting a new 19" CRT (my old 17" AOC Spectrum 7Glr is dying) for gaming and movies and was wondering what everyone thought would be the best. I am not quite ready to dive into the LCD world yet because they're still a little too expensive or responsive enough (though I know of the 8ms LCDs, they are much too expensive). I have read a couple reviews on Tomshardware and PCWorld, etc. and they don't really agree with eachother much. Price is a factor, and I would be wanting to spend anywhere from $100-300 Canadian. The specs that I would like it to have are: <= 0.25 mm dot pitch, good brightness, and a flat screen. I have been looking around and found this deal at Tigerdirect:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=615107&CatId=169
I have heard some mixed feelings on Trinitron moniters so let me know what you think. Also, if you know of any good deals, I would love to hear about them too. Thanks.

Only bad thing about trinitrons is that they have two small grille lines running across the screen, other than that they are perfect.
I would recommend the NEC Multisync FE991SB, it uses Trinitron tubes.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I would highly recommend any "Viewsonic" monitor.
They make some of the best (CRT & LCD) monitors you can buy.
Viewsonic is Sony and they use Trinitron tubes as well, just so ya know. :p

Oh, I just thought I would let you know having a dot pitch under .23mm can make the screen blury at higher resolutions. Why do you think profesional monitors use a .24mm dot pitch?

That's really good to know. I think that Samsung looks awsome. How noticeable are the grille marks? Are there alternative technologies that are almost as good? Thanks for the quick replys everyone!

I've also got a Samsung Syncmaster 997DF and boy do I love it. All the pretty pictures... I got that for $180 American w/ a rebate at Best Buy but I don't think they have those in Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom