benchmark scores

skylinegtr

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I havent posted here for awhile. And i ran performance test v5.0 and my score is like 298. Heres the thing, my computer is a amd 64 3200+ oced to 2.34ghz, 512mb pc2700(shitty ram i know), asus mobo, 200gb hd nvidia fx5200 ultra LOL i know its the biggest pos. Basic specs, and stuff. He has a P4 2.5 ghz stock, 512mb ram not sure what speed, 160gb hd, ati 9200 he said he got 302.4, but im wondering how though. I would have thought my computer would be faster. But people with similar specs post up your scores and specs. And what other bench marking programs are good, that test equally to P4 and AMD and with sis sandra it said my cpu oced to 2.34/2.35 is faster than a p4 3.8ghz and some others, but what is [2smt] is that HT? For some reason i dont beilive it, because im sure a 3.8ghz is faster

this is my highest performance test mark. I was overclocked to 2.35ghz, and i had my video card overclocked to 297 core and 536 mem in 3d. I havent overclocked for awhile now. because i dont play games much, but im getting more into them. Ive heard i shouldnt overclock my memory on my vcard is this true?

thanks for posting, so our cpu's are about the same. Do you think the ram and my video card are bottle necking my system?

definetly ram, because of the integrated memory controllers on the athlon64's they require PC-3200 ram to run at their full potential..i just found that out the hard way when i found out im'a have to get me some better ram too. although video card isnt all that great either

lol my video card is a pos even when i oc it 297 core 536 mem its still horrible fps in css, like 50-80

lol is that with the modded autoexec? I had to mod mine so that i can have it playable and thats with everything on low lol

skylinegtr said:
thanks for posting, so our cpu's are about the same. Do you think the ram and my video card are bottle necking my system?

well, its definately not the video card, cuz yours is better than my cream of the crap 5200, but my ram is awesome, its the Corsair XMS PC-3200 Platinum w/ heat spreaders, and i suggest you get these if you can pay the price $170. it made my system soo much faster

edit: ok i see u and i share the same pos, except urs is ultra :)

Back
Top Bottom