Being scammed through paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send it insured through UPS or Fedex and require a signature. This way if it does in fact get signed for you at least have proof he recieved it. Also you said this is on craigslist right? You might try to find out if he has a seller account on ebay or something else and do a little background snooping. Personally if its an item over 100 bucks or more i tend to not allow bids by anyone under 10 feedback.

wait till you get the loot from paypal and withdraw it. then send the package. The end.

Because then if the buyer does a chargeback your Paypal account will be in minus figures. If you don't put the money from your bank account they just get bailiffs onto you. Their is no winning for the seller if you get a dodgy buyer.

I talked to Paypal about it. They said basically keep all your emails and stuff. Make sure the address is verified. Have them sign for it and have a tracking number on it.

They said if the person tries to claim credit card fraud and the item was delivered that the financial hit is on them. They they won't charge me the money if it was signed for or whatever. Is all this true?

Just search for "paypal sent recorded chargeback" or similar you can see that it happens all the time, I'm glad I realised this before it happened to me. On a forum I visit a member got scammed out of over £1000 after consulting ome legal advice he concluded it wasn't worth his time chasing it. They will not listen and all you'll get is bailiffs at your door 6am every day until you give them the full amount (including their fees) or they find a way in and take their pick at your possessions.

Because then if the buyer does a chargeback your Paypal account will be in minus figures. If you don't put the money from your bank account they just get bailiffs onto you. Their is no winning for the seller if you get a dodgy buyer.

homer_doh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom