Beginner Programmer

Dpinkston91

Baseband Member
So, I'm going to begin my journey of programming and becoming a techist. Without getting into all of the hoopla, and remaining objective, I'd like to ask what might be the best resource for putting code into practice and seeing those results?

You might consider buying a Raspberry Pi computer. It's a little SBC (Single Board Computer) that was originally designed as a low cost computer for school kids to learn programming. It runs a free OS called Raspbian (Linux variant) and comes with lots of applications for someone to learn programming. The cost of the computer starts at $35. In addition you'll need a 5VDC power supply, mouse, keyboard and a TV/monitor with HDMI.

Raspberry Pi

You might consider buying a Raspberry Pi computer. It's a little SBC (Single Board Computer) that was originally designed as a low cost computer for school kids to learn programming. It runs a free OS called Raspbian (Linux variant) and comes with lots of applications for someone to learn programming. The cost of the computer starts at $35. In addition you'll need a 5VDC power supply, mouse, keyboard and a TV/monitor with HDMI.

Raspberry Pi
Hey, I like that. I actually do have one of those. Though, my living situation is rough and I'll be coding out of my vehicle. I have good, insulated storage for my electronics... so, do you think my Raspberry Pi will connect to the Lenovo Chromebook I'm about to purchase? My first objective in my coding/programming journey will be to learn the basics of HTML, CSS and Python and then create a website. Something simple... but, anyways...

Raspberry Pi -----> Laptop? Is that possible?

If you installed a web server on your laptop then I suppose you could write your html on the Raspberry Pi, upload it to the web server and then access the web pages from the Pi.

Python is one of the programming languages used on the Pi. See here: Thonny

Sorry to hear you are living in your vehicle. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom