Beeping Mobo!

h0wl0ngcanitbe

Beta member
Ok so My vid card crapped out on me a while ago and I just got my new one and after installing it the computer will beep three times very quickly after powering on. Its not booting and it just powers on and nothing comes on the screen. These symptoms were here before a pulled the bad card and now their are five beeps, im wondering if it was my card in the first place now? Although the dual monitor function went out so the card was defective but now I cant seem to figure it out?.....

I just also noticed that a few of my fans stopped working? Let me paint a little better picture, ive had this rig for a long time, and I dotn game or nothin just wanted a nice computer for everything else. Heres what I was originally running.

ASUS A8N-E 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

EVGA 256-P2-N562-AX GeForce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz Socket 939 Single-Core Processor ADA3700BNBOX

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2

My vid card crapped out recently and props to EVGA they sent me a new 9600GSO to replace the 7900GT, But now my comp isnt booting up, it will run through the POST and thats about it I think. Any ideas guys?

Check your memory. Try removing and reinstalling them, making sure they are fully seated. If that doesn't do it, try booting with one module at a time to weed out the bad one.

So ive cycled through the ram and I keep getting the five beeps. Could this be a power supply issue? I just noticed that some of my fans no longer power on with the rest of the comp? Also my 7900gt had a plug in for power, my 9600gso shouldnt right? I do see a tiny two prong insert but its unlike any power connector im used to or even have for that matter?

Back
Top Bottom