Be Honest, how many of you want one of THESE :D

Overkill for a home user.

Unless you're rendering huge photoshop projects. I rendered a 50-frame panorama on my aunt's dual nehalem mac pro, and it still took about six hours on the third try(the OS froze the other two times). If I were doing a lot of projects like these, I would definitely want something much more powerful.

A C2D is more than sufficient enough for my home server.

I think this is more targeted towards workstation users. It'd be overkill for any server.

Argeed. I'm running a windows home server which streams media constantly + runs a web server and an SVN server on a C2Q. That OS can do all that relatively well on a Celeron....

A P4 with Server '08 would handle this quite nicely. What Program are you using to stream the media?

Even if I got it for free...where am I going to fork all the cash for all the rest?

Oh and...8x4=32, and with HT technology, it's 64...shown in the screenshot...but please...tell me...what the fugle are you going to to with that? File transfer? Game Server? Notepad fun?

Only thing I'd see this good fur is folding@home...providing it takes all "64" cores...

Back
Top Bottom