battlestar galactica

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
i never watched any of the battlestar galactica stuff (didnt have cable) but i love scifi. Is it to late to start? i could 'aquire' the episodes off of mr. torrence, but wanted to know if its worth it. (considering that would be alot of time id be using watching them all)

Start with the mini series, it was before season 1 episode 1, I am the residant BSG buff any questions can be directed to me.

You really need to start from the 2 Part Mini Series. BSG is some thing you need to see from the start. It's not like like it's Star Trek or Star Gate where you can jump in and out of episodes.

If you want to watch the series in chronological order, it's
- 2 Part Pilot Mini Series
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Razor*
- Pre Season 3 Webisodes**
- Season 3
- Season 4

* The events of Razor is set some time in the last quarter of Season 2
** Sort of sets things up for Season 3, however it's not nessary to watch these episodes. Pretty much the events that happened here are explained in the first episode of season 3

Keep in mind, Season 1 can be slow in parts, however it really does set up every thing for the later seasons.

Actually, now that i think of it, Season 4 should be wrapping up shortly which means tht the DVD release will be out soon. I think after i am finished watching what I am currently watching, I think i might start watching BSG from the mini series onwards soon.
I normally do not pick up the BSG DVDs because i know that some one will give that to me for christmas.

BTW, season 4 is still the final season for BSG? I know it was orginally going to be 5 season, however Sci Fi had to cut it back a season because of budget reasons (like $1.2 Million dollars per episode). However the writers are currently happy that they can finish the series on thier own terms as appose to it just getting axed.

Thing is mate Razor shouldnt be watched before the end of season 3 an the web isodes, otherwise you wont get some of the references. There is a second BSG film planned an there is Caprica to look forward too aswell.

I have got a encyclopedic knowledge of all BSG episodes, an have seen each on a good 8 or 9 times. Also start at the very begining unless you get who caprica 6 is from the first part of the mini series the parts on colonial one wont make much sense.

There is a few great bits that most peole wont get in part one, also you will miss the "It has begun" sceen right at the begining, that was just so well done.

Sadly not but it's not over yet there in a mid season break. There is another film to look forward too and caprica is already filming from what i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom