Battlefield 2142 Problem (Stupid EA)

DannyBoy1

Daemon Poster
Well, i liked it l(ol i really do tho)) and i bought it today came home set it up installed pressed the icon and it said couldnt find .dll cannot start application.

So i un-installed and reinstalled, then it worked and i started the game and as it got the dice logo it just goes and carshes without a crash error or anything just shuts down.
Then it started crashing as soon as i load up the game as the walker comes towards u.

I then re-installed to find yet another error saying some crap about Entry Point Not Found, The procedure entry point setvbuf could not be located in the dynamic link libary MSVCR71.dll.

I finally have come to a point of searching fourms and noticing that people have similar problems but i found nothing the same as mine.

Tomorrow i will go down to game to get another disc to check if it's a faulty disc but do you guys any idea why it isn't working, could i be right that it really is a faulty disc or is a problem that i need to get a patch or fix for. i tired downloading v 1.01 patch but that did nothing.

thanks

umm well atleast the demo had some .dll problems if u didn't have up to date direct X. That was a different .dll file, but it's worth trying to update to the newest direct X.

Did you patch it? That's the only thing I can think of besides a re-install, it works fine for me. Maybe the game is trying to start in a resolution your moniter can't support, but I doubt that, because 2142 starts in 800x600 or 1024x768, most monitors support that.

Back
Top Bottom