Battlefield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Alright, speaking to friends, EB games associates, and reading reviews, I am questioning rather I should or should not make this purchase. Now just to give you an idea of my tastes as far as Shooters are concerned.

I LOVE:

Halo

Halo 2

Call of Duty

Call of Duty 2

007 Nightfire

And I play them for their multiplayer; however I hate everything in the Unreal franchise.

I've been told that Battlefield 2 is pretty much for people that love to work in teams planning everything around squad-based tactics. Basically, your job is YOUR JOB...like a sniper will be a sniper, and that's pretty much it. Can someone describe to me the thrills of this game, and the pace of this game?

Eh, BF2 is supposed to be more squad based teamwork gameplay. But most people eh. You spawn, you shoot, you cap flags, if your a medic/support/enginner you do your job, then you shoot some more, then once you make your ticket get to 0 then you win :D lol

Yeah sounds boring but I do recommend BF2 if you have a system to run, >6800

Yea, on paper BF2 is really team-work based but it is really different then how it's played in servers. If you want good team-work you should find a clan. I would recommend the Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition (which comes with United Offensive). Still is one of my favorite online shooters, I hate COD2, they totally alienated me to the franchise.

I have the game and I love it.

It has a lot of vehichle to use too, and the maps are really great. It is kind of similiar to C&C Renegade if you have ever played that.

Unortunetly I am spending a month in NewYork, and the most powerful PC I have here is a 1.66ghz P4/256mb ram/integrated graphics..... I miss my gaming pc :(

true the game is largly team based but is dose offer u the chance to work alone u can have just as much fun working in a team as u can woprking on ya ownive played it and relised this then after a while u will tire of the lone wolf work and want tostart or join a clan or just start a squad the problem with that is they are reliable as ea's customer service tahts y if i was u i would by the game and join a clan at the same time that way u can get help in subjects u don't know like flying and stuff and tips and have a reliable squad who will always be there for u be it reving repairs or reloading

Yeah, BF2 is supposed to be squad based, but, 80% of most players don't squad up. It's really annoying actually. Most people play for themselves and don't give two craps about anyone else nor the team.

Personally, I like to win. Sure, i like my stats, "Obviously" and i like "earning" medals, ribbons and rankings... But, it's all pretty useless if you're losing every game.

And the problem is, you can't win all by yourself.

It's a great game, "When not screwed up my a POS patch." It's worth it, "If you wait until they fix the patch."

korky122 said:

Wait. "At least until they fix patch 1.3" You'll have to install the patch right now to play anyway... " and you'll experience all the crappy issues that everyone else is experiencing and you'll be like, "WTF, i wasted $39.99 on this crap?

Check out eagames forums in the BF2 section... You'll get the picture.

Ahhh, I got ya. I'll probably wait for the patch and get it then. The new Battlefield is close too, eh?

The game is also really awesome if you set yourself up a small server and run a dedicated server for yourself at home. The bots can be really hard if you let them get around you.
true the game is largly team based but is dose offer u the chance to work alone u can have just as much fun working in a team as u can woprking on ya ownive played it and relised this then after a while u will tire of the lone wolf work and want tostart or join a clan or just start a squad the problem with that is they are reliable as ea's customer service tahts y if i was u i would by the game and join a clan at the same time that way u can get help in subjects u don't know like flying and stuff and tips and have a reliable squad who will always be there for u be it reving repairs or reloading
Commas, periods??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom