Battle lines have been drawn: gay marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
The new Pope is also letting people know how it should be:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050606/wl_nm/pope_gays_dc

Personally, I have nothing against gay people. As long as they don't hit on me, I have no problems being friends with them.

As for them being able to marry, and have full legal rights.. Well, from a religious viewpoint its probably not good. But from a practical viewpoint it makes sense.

The only problem I have is them being able to adopt kids. I don't think this is right. If its their own kid (biological kid of one of em), then I guess its fine.. b/c there ARE pretty messed up parents out there who are hetero. Yet, they get to keep their kids.. Of course, when there are problems, the child services take them away. But I think they should not be able to legally adapt other kids.. It will only mess up with their heads I think..

But, you know, gay marriages is not a issue for public. Even back in the day, when slavery was rampant, if they had taken a vote, I am sure things would not have changed..

Anyways, this is a hot topic. It'll be interseting to see what happens.

I have no power here, or I would close this thread now. Not because I'm a homophobe, which I am not at all, but because people can't seem to have civil discussions about homosexuality.

huh?? really??.. :eek:.. I thought this was an interesting topic.. Certainly not a taboo topic in the news..

Yeah, interesting...but it is inevitable that this thread is going to turn into a homosexuality right/wrong flame war. These types of threads always do.

EDIT - But from a religous point of view, many hetero relationships are just as unholy as homosexual ones.

*sigh*.. Some people do need to learn to be more civilized.. But I guess you are right.

I have no problem with gay people period. The ONLY thing that pinches at me is like what was said above, DO NOT LET THEM ADOPT CHILDREN!

Children with two male parents will be tormented by all of their friends, and thats terrible at a very vital point of their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom