Battery lock temporarily fixes screen backlight?

codank11

Beta member
the backlight on my laptop screen went out about a year ago, since then ive found out if i take the battery out it will work, but only if push the battery lock switch on the bottom to unlock, then slowly let it spring back to the lock side. ive been using it like this for a few months but i just dont understand why toggling a lock would fix my screen, and why it wont work at all with the battery in it/toggling the battery lock. does using the lock discharge the computer somehow fixing the backlight? or is something inside the computer getting nudged by the lock? the laptop is a ASUS - ROG G501JW ive had it 3-4 years

first post sorry if i messed up

the backlight on my laptop screen went out about a year ago, since then ive found out if i take the battery out it will work, but only if push the battery lock switch on the bottom to unlock, then slowly let it spring back to the lock side. ive been using it like this for a few months but i just dont understand why toggling a lock would fix my screen, and why it wont work at all with the battery in it/toggling the battery lock. does using the lock discharge the computer somehow fixing the backlight? or is something inside the computer getting nudged by the lock? the laptop is a ASUS - ROG G501JW ive had it 3-4 years

first post sorry if i messed up
I'd be more apt to believe this is what's causing it. Possibly a loose connection on the cables and that's causing it to work.

Back
Top Bottom